I would really like to hear Paul Kaltenbach from ABC, dont know if this email
gets to him, ...

-----Original Message-----
From: Swlfest [mailto:swlfest-boun...@hard-core-dx.com] On Behalf Of John
Figliozzi
Sent: Wednesday, November 15, 2017 4:58 PM
To: Discussion list for the Winter SWL Fest; *NASWA; ODXA yg;
<d...@yahoogroups.com>; Shortwave programming discussion; Internet radio
discussion
Subject: [Swlfest] First Casting Call for the 2018 Winter SWL Fest

Yes, it’s (already!) that time of the year again.

We invite one and all to be a part of the 2018 Winter SWL Fest on March 1, 2
and 3 at the Doubletree Guest Suites in fashionable Plymouth Meeting,
Pennsylvania. That's just 105 days away as I type this.

This will be the 31st such annual gathering and due to popular demand we have
added an extra half day, opening the event on Thursday afternoon and continuing
through all of Friday and Saturday. Details and background info from
<www.swlfest.com>.

One of the centerpieces of the Fest weekend is our line-up of informative and
entertaining forums.  How do we get them? These  excellent sessions are put
together and presented by you and people just like you—people with a deep and
abiding interest in radio and a willingness to share what they've experienced,
learned and know.

So, how about it?  Have you a topic that you think Fest participants will find
interesting and would be willing to present?  Tell us about it. If you’ve
already contacted us, chances are we have your e-mail on file.
However, chances are also that we don’t.  So, please re-contact us at this time
just to make sure.

Your role will be to lead a one hour session forum.  That means preparing about
a half-hour presentation that leaves plenty of time for audience questions and
interaction.  It can be anything from a serious (or comic) lecture (or both) to
a multimedia extravaganza.
Your choice!

And as a gesture of appreciation (and perhaps some measure of small
compensation for your efforts), the Fest will comp your registration fee if
your proposal is accepted by the Organizing Committee (which consists of Rich
Cuff, yours truly and a Magic 8 Ball we found in Rich’s attic when looking for
old Fest printed programs and giveaways.  We are seeking your help in
fashioning a balanced and diverse line-up of topics and speakers.

Make your suggestion/proposal to John Figliozzi at <jfigl...@nycap.rr.com>
If you have any questions, we'll be happy to discuss them with you. And
even if you've never led a forum before, don't hesitate.   We've learned
that people tend to unfairly and inaccurately minimize their own abilities.
We know you'll  be great...but you have to  let us in on what you're thinking!
We promise a quick turnaround on your proposal once we are able to survey the
field.

Be a part of the 2018 Winter SWL Fest program!

73 and 88 to the Ladies (with due apologies to Ian McFarland) John Figliozzi
Richard Cuff
2018 Winter SWL Fest (and apparently for life) Co-Chairs
above.

For more information on the Fest, visit:

http://www.swlfest.com
http://swlfest.blogspot.com

---