I'd really like to see a SWLfest talk next year about emergency backup AC and DC power, and voltage spike suppression (local and whole-house.)

Maybe even a segment about how to cheaply shield backup radios and other electronics from destruction by a coronal mass ejection (CME) like the Carrington Event or an Electromagnetic Pulse (EMP).

There's plenty to cover here that applies to all of us whose passion for reliable access to information brought us together. Last weekend's SWLfest extended power outage was a reality check for us, but it's also a good opportunity to prepare better for such things in the future.

Who in our group is most qualified and willing to present a talk on these topics next year?

-Ed