On 27/07/2011 22:37, M∡rtin Koppenhoefer wrote:
2011/7/27 Simone Saviolo<simone.savi...@gmail.com>:
2011/7/27 M∡rtin Koppenhoefer<dieterdre...@gmail.com>
Maybe I'm being picky. What I mean is: we have a worldwide graph of roads,
or a "network" if we want to call it that. A grid network, to me, sounds
like an orthogonal grid, like the one you'd find in Torino or New York.

no, I don't think that this was intended

Of
course, the roads are interconnecting, otherwise it wouldn't be a network.

I thought this was a common term in English, but as I am not a native
speaker I might be wrong

Residential roads connect, too: they form a graph whose edges may be less
important than the other bigger ways, but they're still part of the graph,
just like tracks and footways.

They are part of the road graph, but not of the interconnecting
network, that is what this sentence is about

All roads are interconnected where they join into each other.

To me "interconnecting grid network" is, essentially, three words to describe the same thing.

Cheers
Dave F.