Am 26. April 2012 20:03 schrieb Jason Cunningham <jamicu...@googlemail.com>:
> Major problem: You've haven't adequately dealt with the lanes=1.5 issue.
> You've suggested something that can't solve the issue, but simply looks like
> an attempt to cleanse it from the lanes tag and forget about it.

IMHO it would be a good idea to remove fractional lanes amounts and
forget about them. They are too subjective.

What do you think of lanes=3.5? I have an example here:

http://maps.google.it/maps?hl=en&ll=41.899274,12.464333&spn=0.008497,0.021136&t=h&z=16&layer=c&cbll=41.899391,12.464289&panoid=O8BHrnM_gTAW2XQUWqxcXg&cbp=12,353.6,,0,4.57

Not sure, how many lanes these are, could be 5 or even 5.5? Depends on
the car widths and the experience of the drivers:

http://maps.google.it/maps?hl=en&ll=41.876836,12.481943&spn=0.000378,0.00066&t=h&z=21

if we start entering fractional lanes counts, mapping will get more
complicated, with no real benefit: Every street has an unambiguous
width, which is a more helpful information to determine how many
vehicles can pass at the same time, lanes=1.5 doesn't really help you,
it will always remain unclear which width is the street.

cheers,
Martin