> I wonder if it is useful to tag bicycle=dismount on ways.
>
> At least in Germany there is no official traffic sign despite of the
> existence of some.
>
> You are allowed to push your bike on every footway/pedestrian plus ways
> with vehicle=no. E.g. it is useless. Either you are allowed to ride
> (bicycle=yes/designated) or not (bicycle=no or vehicle=no)
>
> I can understand if it is used together with barrier on nodes.
>
> How is the situation in other countries ?

Just for your reference - while for many cases, I agree that bicycle=no
is appropriate, there are quite interesting cycleways in the Czech
Republic, where using bicycle=dismount for nodes on a path would
make things easier for people editing OSM. Consider this:
http://img.ct24.cz/cache/900x700/article/20/1936/193540.jpg
http://img.ct24.cz/multimedia/videos/image/646/medium/193542.jpg
(and don't ask me what idiot proposed a cycleway like this).

Petr