On 2014-12-03 at 06:35:29 +0100, Friedrich Volkmann wrote:
> Are there really road signs with addional plates listing all of that stuff?

often, yes

> How big are those signs, and how long does it take for a driver to read them?

enought time that you just don't stop to read them and assume that
you're not allowed :)

Usually the exceptions are for categories that local enought to know
about them, anyway.

> I guess that these regulations are not done by explicit listing, but by
> definition of ZTLs in the laws. So all you need is a tag like highway=ztl or
> highway=pedestrian+pedestrian=ztl, and some comment on the default access
> page.

AFAIK there is no uniform definition in the italian laws, they are
defined in the town laws, and every town is free to mix-and-match
their own rules.

--
Elena ``of Valhalla''