True. There could be chemical contamination which would not be removed by
filtering or boiling, and which would render the water unsafe to drink.

On December 5, 2014 4:05:09 AM CST, Martin Koppenhoefer
<dieterdre...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > water_potable = yes/no If not known you don't tag. Then it will some
> > default action possibly based on location. Some may want tags
> 'boil',
> > 'filter','filter+boil' ...
>

> values like "boil" or "filter" could go under a key like
> "suggested_water_treatment". I think it bears some risk for the mapper
> add information like this to a water source where the water is
> officially
> classified as non-potable.
>
> cheers,
> Martin

John F. Eldredge -- j...@jfeldredge.com
"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that.
Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that." -- Dr. Martin Luther King,
Jr.