On 23 May 2015 at 11:09, Richard Z. <ricoz....@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, May 22, 2015 at 03:54:57PM +0100, Andy Mabbett wrote:
> > On 22 May 2015 at 15:29, Dave Swarthout <daveswarth...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > I am uncomfortable with "cascade" - in several languages it
> > > means "waterfall" so there is considerable potential for
> > > confusion.
> > >
> > > I agree. A cascade is a waterfall in American English.

Is that relevant ? ;) Is there really a problem with Americans relearning
what words mean ?

Actually, Merriam-Webster seems to have it right - even in American !: a
small, steep waterfall; *especially* : one that is part of a series of
waterfalls

Although this points to an American cascades as being one part of an
English cascade ! America uses 'waterfall' too - it seems 'cascade' is
agreeable even if not realised!

--
Mike.
@millomweb <https://sites.google.com/site/millomweb/index/introduction> -

*currently unavailable due to ongoing harassment of me, my family, property
& pets*

T&Cs <https://sites.google.com/site/pmailkeey/e-mail>