I always thought a cascade is a series of waterfalls connected together.

Wether that is natural or artificial, I'm not sure there's a distinction.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/MobileViewPhoto-g298182-d1311890-i131738347-Ryuzu_Waterfall-Nikko_Tochigi_Prefecture_Kanto.html

I've visited a lot of waterfalls, and all of them go from top to bottom in a
single fall - a "water fall"

The one linked to is referred to by many as a cascade - because it is made of
many little waterfalls stuck together sliding over rocks.

This is further muddied because cascade is a verb - and streams and rough
rivers "cascade" through a steep canyon.

Also - saying a waterfall is a reflecting pool is very disingenuous - it's not
"that" it reflects - it's *what* it reflects - usually some kind of scenery or
famous architecture. The smooth calm waters offer views of surrounding trees,
buildings and in some cases mountains - but are made and constructed for this
purpose (as opposed to natural lakes, such as the ones around my Fuji which
naturally reflect the mountain, offing interesting pictures).

Many city parks offer them to reflect the view of the buildings - such as the
big pool in the national mall in Washington, D.C.

Sent from my iPhone