> On May 25, 2015, at 6:53 AM, Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdre...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Am 24.05.2015 um 14:36 schrieb John Willis <jo...@mac.com>:
>>
>> I always thought a cascade is a series of waterfalls connected together.
>

> I thought it was a word for a single waterfall as well...

The water careened off the cliff.
The car careened off the cliff

The error cascaded through the computers
The water cascaded off the rocks,

People who would refer to a singular waterfall as a cascade are incorrect.

People who refer to the action of the water (it cascaded down the cliff) are
not so far off, but it would not be referred to as a cascade.

But people muddy the meaning with incorrect usage.

The example pic I linked to is different than all the waterfalls I have seen.

>> Also - saying a waterfall is a reflecting pool is very disingenuous - it's
>> not "that" it reflects - it's *what* it reflects - usually some kind of
>> scenery or famous architecture.
>

> in particular, a waterfall is not a pool. Reflection of light is what it
> makes look interesting (glitter)

And they make rainbows and icicles too.