Sent from my iPhone

> On Jul 9, 2015, at 8:03 AM, Warin <61sundow...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> very rough construction

Most of these are in very good condition, comparable to the residential or
unclassified roads. They are well made and well maintained, besides the summer
overgrowth that grows too fast to cut back in some places (this even affects
secondary and primary roads in rural areas).

The issue is the narrow nature, destination access, and uselessness in routing
- which is why I compared them to Alleys.

If a Navi told me to turn down an alley or a rural farm access road because it
shaved 30 seconds off the theoretical time but was a pain in the ass to
navigate, id be cursing the navi either way. And if i was biking from village
to village, knowing which were actual tracks and which were these nice paved
roads would be very useful - i could choose to cut my way across a region with
many many little roads rather than get killed on a primary with no sidewalks
and large trucks zooming by.

In summary - it costs us nothing to treat these as a service road - and it gets
us more detail at high zooms and more accurately reflects the road system as it
exists - where the tracks are and aren't, and  they disappear at lower zoom
levels - as they should.

Putting them in track or unclassified similarly seems to make the data and the
map worse.

Javbw