On 24/09/2015 2:25 PM, Warin wrote:
On 24/09/2015 12:56 PM, Dave Swarthout wrote:
I too have wanted to raise the level of consciousness about these offices. There are many in Thailand but their tagging is not uniform and that makes them difficult to find.

amenity=immigration_office might be a better choice IMO but either would help the current situation.

office=immigration ?

There is already office=government ... but no sub tags! and the document for office=administrative suggest that office=government is for state government things. This is an American view.. the British do not do this - they have a 'central government' https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Government_of_the_United_Kingdom.

Perhaps
office=government
government=immigration ?

or
government:immigration=yes
would be better where the office functions are combined..
government:passport=yes
government:vehicle_licence=yes
etc...

The office=government is under represented in the OSM data base .. perhaps because there are no sub tags to further identify what it is used for.

I have 'synced' the wiki page https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:office%3Dgovernment with the Russian source page. It now reflects the use of the sub tag government= as documented on the Russian page.

I have also added some words to the wiki page https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:office%3Dadministrative to better reflect its relation to office=government.

Any errors are mine. Thoughts?