> On Feb 16, 2017, at 5:41 PM, Dalibor Jelínek <dali...@dalibor.cz> wrote:
>
> vending=public_transport_plans

Sounds like a long term ticket, though I would call it a pass.

Most students here in Japan use 3 month passes between 2 stations designated on
their pass (digital or paper ones; Pasmo cards in Japan are these) and have to
repurchased or renewed for another time period. This is separate from the
"debit card" style of pre-paid cards (like a Suica card in Japan or a BART
ticket in San Fran) that track money for individual fares. They are time based
tickets that has unlimited use over a time (usually over a month) for a chosen
route - so buying one is different than buying a single-use ticket.

I can see the use of "plan" (as it is a monthly, sessional, or yearly
contract), but I have never heard it referred to as that. I would choose
public_transport_long_term_pass or similar, but if it is in use and eventually
documented and supported by mapping apps, then it should be fine.

Javbw