...a 'ticket' could be 'single use, with the option of a return journey, for a
set distance or place'.
...a 'card' could be 'multiple use, no set time or distance, limited by the
amount on the card'?
...a 'pass' could be for a planned trip over a set route?

I suggest not to get into this level of detail, as this is quite volatile data,
and there are often lots of different options
Yes, I strongly agree Martin. A far better approach would be to include a link to an authoritative source. Just about all of these services have their own website. And its someones job to keep the information current !

Please see http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:website

David