Hi all,

thanks to Martin for the clarification.

In the discussion of the (former voted) wiki entry :
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Talk:Key:motorcycle_friendly

I referred to the definition of the German automobile club :

8X-----------
The German automobile club has the following criteria :

  * (Theft) safe and secure motorcycle parking areas.
  * Facilities for wet clothes.
  * Tools for minor repairs
  * Extensive information material (including tour suggestions,
    excursion tips, road maps, useful addresses for motorcyclists)

https://www.adac.de/reise_freizeit/motorrad/motorradfreundliche-gastgeber/qualitaetssiegel/default.aspx
8X-----------

Those four points should be given if an item is categorized as "yes".

"No" means they don't accept motorcyclists (seldom, but exists).

As there are certainly accommodations
which just don't care about your means of transport,
there is also a third option, which I called "customary",
as this categorization is already in use (for nudism)
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:nudism#Tagging

So I think the criteria is quite clear and not "opinionated".
In case the description could be improved, please let me know in the
"discussion" :
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/motorcycle_friendly#Proposal

Cheers,
Thilo

Am 07.03.2017 um 11:20 schrieb Martin Koppenhoefer:

> <mailto:th...@gmx.de>>:
>
>     "own data, as an overlay" doesn't make sense to me in this case,
>     as it's data the community should collect, not the transformation
>     of existing data collections
>     ("motorcycle friendly" web pages, as they are often randomly
>     listing hotels).
>     This is the motivation of this tag.
>

> one of the basic fundamental rules in OSM is that data should be
> objective and not opinionated. We do not want restaurant reviews (or
> any other personal review) or a generalized way of saying "suitable
> for cyclists" (you can of course map the factors that say why it is
> suitable or not), and a "friendly:*" tag could be misleading in this
> regard. I agree that there are facts that can indicate a friendlyness
> or hostility towards a certain group of people (e.g. motorcyclists,
> hikers, hunters, cyclists, ...), like the signs, so I am not
> absolutely against a tag like this, but the definition should make it
> clear that it is about objective, observable criteria.
>

>     Didn't understand what you mean with "digest approach" ?
>

> You can subscribe to the mailing list getting all the messages as soon
> as they are sent, or in a digest way (many messages together in one
> email) after n messages (I think it's 10 or 15) have been sent to the
> list.
>
> Cheers,
> Martin

Thilo Haug