From: Marc Gemis <marc.ge...@gmail.com>
Sent: 01 September 2017 12:27:38
To: Tag discussion, strategy and related tools
Subject: Re: [Tagging] shop=fashion shop=boutique

because other mappers thought it was needed to distinguish the two ?
Who are we (the people using this mailing list) to decide that other
mappers cannot tag a shop=boutique if it is already used 11.000 times
?
So if you want to tag that shop as shop=clothes with subtags fine, do
it. Document it, we'll see in a couple of years which one of the 2
methods is more popular.
But please do not write that one is better than the other at this
moment, nor  mark one as obsolete. Let the (whole) community decide.

and now we all go back to mapping :-)

m.