> Sent: Sat, 7 Apr 2018 22:51:40 +0100
> From: ael <law_ence....@ntlworld.com>
> To: tagging@openstreetmap.org
> Subject: Re: [Tagging] Still RFC — Drop stop positions and platforms
>
> > If I'm not mistaken, the dictionary is referring the platform *on* the
> > bus [^1], not to the bus stop.
>
> As a native English speaker, I am sure that is the case. I have been
> bemused by the use of "platform" to describe a typical bus stop.
> Very definitely not BE in normal usage.

Do you know if that applies to rail transport in Britain as well?

Reading the english wikipedia article
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Railway_platform

one may conclude that the term platform is then used interchangably
for waiting area and specific areas on the vehicle  _or_  that there
is a difference in usage of the term across modes of public trans-
portation.

cmuelle8