sent from a phone

> On 10. Apr 2018, at 10:03, Wiklund Johan <johan.wikl...@entur.org> wrote:
>
> I’m going to be bold and say remove amenity=bus_station and replace it with
> landuse=public_transport + public_transport=bus_station (and subsequently
> public_transport=train and so on).

in the public transport tag tradition you could even argue for
public_transport=station so that it requires additionally bus=yes in order to
make sense ;-)

I don’t see a point in moving things around between different tags, especially
if the new way doesn’t add information and is less concise.

I agree there might be facilities where it isn’t clear whether they are bus
stations or a big bus stop, but this doesn’t mean there isn’t a difference in
general (the fact natural language uses different words is a strong indication
that there is indeed a difference). Your tagging proposal doesn’t help more to
resolve the edge cases than does the current tagging.

cheers,
Martin