Exactly right.  Government has a legal monopoly on coercion, ranging
from the death penalty to collection of taxes and enforcement of the
barking dog ordinance in Fairfax County, Virginia.  Contractors do a lot
of government work (in the United States, contractors outnumber
direct-hire government employees by a ratio of 2.5:1) but their firms
are or should be tagged office=company while the government offices
where they may perform their duties should be tagged office=government.

I supervised a computer shop for two years.  One-third of my
subordinates were direct-hire government employees.  Two-thirds worked
for a private company with a government contract.  They shared offices
and were virtually interchangeable.  The corporate headquarters was
separate, and in my mind would have been tagged office=company.  My
government office building (the South Agriculture Building, largest
government office building in the District of Columbia at the time)
would have been tagged office=ministry since USDA is a Cabinet
department=ministry.

The bus company in Ashgabat is state-owned.  I have tagged its depot as
a bus depot, not as a government office.  Function to me also plays a role.

apm