sent from a phone

> On 4. Nov 2018, at 10:19, Allan Mustard <al...@mustard.net> wrote:
>
> If it is a budget-dependent company/corporation, such as the Commodity Credit
> Corporation of the U.S. government, which generates no revenue of its own and
> relies wholly on appropriations from the U.S. Congress, yes, it should be
> tagged government.  As Deep Throat said, "Follow the money!"

I find this difficult, because it implies we define what is original government
duty and what is not. Providing beer is apparently not a government job (any
more?), providing healthcare might be (?), what about transportation? Is free
public transportation a government duty? They surely wouldn’t generate (at
least direct) profits, and if the service isn’t free it could still be financed
by the government and not be profitable. Similarly the providing of energy,
water, the treatment of waste. Europeans tend to see prisons as government
sites, in the US prisons are often private.

Ciao, Martin