Do we have close to a consensus that tracktype is not globally useful?
The Key:highway wiki page and map_features could be changed from
"To describe the quality of a track, see tracktype <https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:tracktype>=*.:
"To describe the quality of a track, use smoothness=* and surface=*.   In some regions tracktype is also useful."