On 30/07/19 02:55, Dave F via Tagging wrote:
I believe the main reason isn't (& probably shouldn't) deprecated is that it allows entities which are unused but still physically there, to be rendered. disused:*=* aren't rendered on the 'standard' render.

That is a problem with that particular render. It is not a tagging problem.

If that particular render failed to display some other feature .. would mappers then resort to tagging it some other way so it renders on that particular render???

It appears that in order to get mappers to use the correct tagging one particular render has to stop showing the 'obsolete' and 'depreciated' tags.
Similarly for incorrect mapping of relations with shared ways etc etc.

Mean while I am using tags that simply don't render on that particular render .. because they are the absolutely correct tags to use for those features.
I think too many are 'tagging for one renderer'.

Davef