Am Mi., 16. Sept. 2020 um 16:27 Uhr schrieb Dave F via Tagging <
tagging@openstreetmap.org>:

> I thought the correct tag for this was crossing_ref. Have you cross
> checked to see if they've been swapped instead of removed?

crossing_ref is a different kind of beast, as some people use it to tell
whether there are zebra markings (can also apply to traffic light
controlled crossings).

Frankly, I do not like the tag for zebra crossings, because this approach
requires me to set 3 tags (one of crossing=zebra / marked /
uncontrolled(?)  +, crossing_ref=zebra + highway=crossing, on every zebra
crossing while I could use 2 and be done (highway=crossing with
crossing=zebra).

Cheers
Martin