I agree that the venue for a vaccination is not always in a clinic or
hospital. This is particularly true in rural Africa where access to health
services is poor.
Having the ability to indicate the presence of an
amenity=vaccination_centre seems to make the most sense.
When the facility closes the tag should be updated by the Logistics cluster.

ᐧ

On Wed, 25 Nov 2020 at 23:39, Joseph Eisenberg <joseph.eisenb...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> The proposed new tag, vaccination=<Illnesses against which vaccinations
> are available>, seems like a reasonable idea.
>
> However, it might be necessary to discuss a main feature tag to use in the
> case when these are not administered by a clinic or doctor's office or
> hospital.
>
> There does not seem to be a widely used, suitable tag under healthcare=*
> or amenity=* for a place that specializes in administering immunizations
> only.
>
> healthcare:speciality=vaccination is not a primary feature tag, but a
> secondary tag which needs to be added to something under the key amenity=*
> or healthcare=*.
>
> Perhaps amenity=vaccination_centre would work?
>
> -- Joseph Eisenberg
>
> On Tue, Nov 24, 2020 at 9:30 AM Tom Pfeifer <t.pfei...@computer.org>
> wrote:
> >
> > Following the discussion on how to tag COVID-19 vaccination centres
> previously on this list,
> > I have created a proposal for the vaccination key:
> >
> > https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/vaccination
> >
> > tom

Kind regards
Mark Herringer