There's still an ECW plugin for GDAL. It requires the third-party
SDK and you'll have to compile gdal yourself, which is annoying. Creating
ECW files is what takes purchasing a license. If there's ECW files
where it would be beneficial to host them, I could do or someone else
could.

We'd have to get confirmation that data source was happy with attribution
in accordance with ODbL sections 4.2 and 4.3 which are "keep intact any
copyright or Database Right notices" or "a notice associated with the
Produced Work reasonably calculated to make any Person that uses, views,
accesses, interacts with, or is otherwise exposed to the Produced Work
aware that Content was obtained from the [the datasource]"