Hello,

> On Tue, Aug 8, 2017 at 9:17 AM, Thomas Bertels <tbert...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>  From https://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/keys/restaurant%3Atype%3Ait it seems
>> that those should be replaced by cuisine=italian etc.

I feel that we could use :
amenity=pub food=yes cuisine=brasserie
OR
amenity=brasserie

restaurant:type is too liked to linked to restaurant
it also describe the same function for a brasserie, a hotel, ...

restaurant:type:it is also strange.. what if you want to describe the
different type of pizzeria's in Belgium ? did you need to use "it" or
"be" subtag ? I think that cuisine=italian/subtype is a more flexible
way to tag them without being blocked by the conflict type of cooking
and contry/langage where the poi is located

Regards,
Marc