the it/be should refer to the language in which you make the
difference, not the country (unlike school:FR I think).
If we would have different words for pizzaria in Dutch, we could
differentiate them with restaurant:type:nl and thus not "...:be"

I'm not sure whether I like the cuisine=brasserie. Do all the
brasseries serve the same type food ? Can't you have a brasserie that
is only serving fish dishes, or meat or vegetarian or a combination ?
Can you expect the same food from a brasserie in Belgium and France ?

as for amenity=brasserie (and amenity=tavern) I fear that is a useless
tag, as long as the data consumers will not start using it.
What about the Danish Kro ? should they use amenity=tavern as well ?

Furthermore what is the difference between a brasserie, bistro,
taverne, eetcafe ? (I see Thomas has an explanation for brasserie)

m.