After reading through the changeset discussion, I discovered that one of my
imports in Northern Manitoba made Worst of OSM. (
http://worstofosm.tumblr.com/post/22180046353/dear-openstreetmap-isnt-it-strange-how-the).
As someone who spends a some time amount of time in some of relatively
unpopulated areas of Canada and makes an effort to check the quality of
Canvec data (which is usually pretty good), I do agree that it is
impossible to do everything to the same level of quality that we would
provide in Toronto or Timmins or even small prairie towns.

One of the things that seems to bother Nakaner and the WoO people (if I may
put words in their mouths) is that the boundaries are a bit funky in
Canvec. Forests, lakes and wetlands spill into each other, and they are
often out of alignment with the Bing imagery. In some ways this reflects a
degree of natural ambiguity: if we look at the above Hudson's bay
coastline, their is hourly variation in coastlines, and even the long term
patterns change over time. The Manitoba-Nunavut boundary is more or less
fixed by so we can't correct it, and a glance at satellite imagery shows
that the vegetation tends to be spaced off of the shoreline.

That being said sometimes there is some weird stuff happening in Canvec
data that is out of sync with what is on the ground. These should be
corrected when detected, but are rare enough that they shouldn't be a
problem. I confess I haven't always been great in following the rules when
doing imports (I think the last few years I've been fully in compliance),
and have sometimes caused problems, people on this list have generally
understanding. Perhaps we need to have a "Whats up with the forests in
Canada?" page on the wiki to explain our situation and how we've tried to
deal with it.