Hello everyone!

I am Julia Conzon, username Noznoc. I am currently *interning* at Mapbox
until the end of November.

My involvement in BC2020 came from my past work at Statistics Canada on the
Crowdsourcing project and my interest in VGI. *I am not a representative
for Mapbox (Mapbox is only supporting me)*.

Organizing these mapathons have been a great experience because I have
witnessed academics and students across Canada interested in being educated
on OSM and contributing to the OSM project through BC2020. Several
universities intend on continuing mapathons.

I have just finished developing a visualization
<https://noznoc.github.io/bc2020-osmgeoweek2017/#4/54.32/-99.93> that
showcases the results from the mapathon (data collected between Nov.
10-20). To learn more about the visualization, I recommend reading the
README.md file in the GitHub repo
<https://github.com/Noznoc/bc2020-osmgeoweek2017>.

>From what Pierre's email states, I guess the validation work flow panned
out from OSMGeoWeek does not follow the normal script that has been done in
the past, *but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist*. The universities are
aware of validation, and have the intentions to work on it; however, since
involvement is volunteered-based, people have other priorities, so
validation will not occur immediately. My visualization is developed in a
way to support validation efforts, and I have started documenting
validation methods here
<https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/WikiProject_Canada/Building_Canada_2020/OSMGeoWeek2017#Validation>
 (*feel free to add to the wiki*).

>From my time at Mapbox I have learned methods for validating data, and
developing front-end apps to easily see and fix errors. I would love to
collaborate with any other individuals interested in developing these tools
for BC2020. This would be on my own time, this is not a part of my job, it
is part of my hobby.

Regards,
Julia