On the contrary, OS have given explicit permission to distribute their data
under CC-BY.  I quote:

>This means that you may mix the information with Creative Commons licensed
>content to create a derivative work that can be distributed under any Creative
>Commons Attribution 3.0 Licence.

This seems pretty unambiguous to me?

It's true that they have their own licence, the OS OpenData licence, which is
not the same as CC.  (Of course it's different - it even has a different name!)
But that licence gives you the option to distribute derived works under CC-BY.
This is just as good as if OS had picked CC-BY directly.

Is there some point that I and others are missing?

--
Ed Avis <e...@waniasset.com>