Am 11.12.2013 um 16:12 schrieb Pieren <pier...@gmail.com>:

> "This proposal does not replace, deprecate or obsolete the already
> existing and well known tags“

Everybody agrees on that. The old tags still stay valid.

> Don't expect that renderers have to change since the proposal states
> clearly "it's not necessary“.

I do not understand this conclusion.
If we agree by voting on new tags - even if their use is only recommended and
not mandatory (how could anything be mandatory in OSM?) - so if we agree that
we can and should use the new tags, how can you conclude that „it’s not
necessary“ to render them? This is a complete non-sense. Tagging something
which than will not be rendered, what is this for???

I really do not understand.

Either there is a problem with the tagging - then everybody should agree to
improve it.

Or there is a problem with rendering this tagging - which somebody should maybe
explain me.

Is it technically so difficult to render both tagging schemes? Is this
situation satisfying for anybody?

nounours