Thanks for the explanation, Pieren.

I understand your view. But it looks colored by „I’ve always been against this
proposal“ to me. What’s happening now is what you feared, and why you were
against. Maybe you should have been followed. Maybe fearing something might
help creating it ...

I did not take part in these discussions, and so I am missing probably some
important bits. But as an outsider, I would understand:

==>> If we vote for a new feature, and do not deprecate the old one, both would
be equally valid and thus both should be supported by renderers and editors.
If I’m coding, I will obviously use the new one.

I think everybody on the street not being of OSM (or an OSM-newbe) would
understand it this way. If my understanding is wrong, than the wiki should be
changed, the proposal should be removed or whatever.

From the voting date I conclude that the „Grand Public Transport War" has taken
place 2.5 years ago. Would it not be time to make peace? I see a lot of
arguments in favor of making peace, looking ahead, but I currently do not see
any objective reason to go on with this situation.

I really have no opinion on which scheme is better, the old or the new. I find
PublicTransportMapping difficult, but the problem for me are not the stops. So
it does not really matter to me. The relation and master_route actually looks
like an improvement to me, and I think making hierarchical relations (not
knowing the potential technical problems behind) like discussed here
https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/talk-transit/2013-December/001645.html
 would help! (you wrote once " The method of how routes relations are already
breaking highways is already stupid but that's another story. -- Pieren 14:26,
31 March 2011 (BST)“   - maybe hierarchical routes is something you can align
to?

Anybody for making peace and going on improve PT?

Nounours