On 6/2/11 1:19 PM, Steve Coast wrote:

Well.. it's chicken and egg. There wasn't anyone interested in the UK when I ran the first mapping parties there either.

If you set up a group on meetup.com you'd be surprised how many people join and start to get interested once you have a group meeting monthly.

We should really be aiming for one meetup per state. I think we have MA, WA, CA, CO now all have monthly meetups. How does NY, TX and the captiol look?

i'm trying to get a group going in the Capitol District of NY; i think
that NYC needs its own group, but i don't know of anything going
on down there.

richard