On 1/16/24 10:21, Steve Petrie via talk wrote:
My last Rogers interaction last week, had a Rogers sales rep ending his call to me, by shouting that I had just wasted his valuable time (because I had told him the technical reasons why I would rather pay a $18 / month Bell Canada premium, over the Rogers monthly service price, to keep my ROCK-SOLID RELIABLE Bell Canada service.

Why do you think it's rock solid?  The days of CO powered phones are pretty much long gone.  You probably have a pair of wires going out to somewhere in the neighbourhood, where it converts to fibre. Those have been around for years.

Also, I suspect that Rogers guy was likely working for a contractor.  I can tell you a story or two about Bell "employees", who were in India.

BTW, I have worked mostly in the telecom industry, going back to 1972 and have done work for or with Bell, Rogers, Telus, MTS and others.  Most recently, I was doing some work in the Rogers office, on Wolfedale in Mississauga.