It is a good article but not universally true by a long shot, focusing on
email-based activities.

There are a number of scam-baiting channels on YouTube that lay bare the
tactics of many phone scams, and I'm sorry but I'm not going to have much
sympathy for those who aggressively harass people away from their money.
Sure they're making money for their bosses but their commission does them
well too.

FWIW, my personal favourite channel of this kind is Scammer Payback
<https://www.youtube.com/@ScammerPayback>.

- Evan

On Tue, Jan 16, 2024 at 1:16 PM D. Hugh Redelmeier via talk <talk@gtalug.org>
wrote:

> | From: mwilson--- via talk <talk@gtalug.org>
> | Subject: Re: [GTALUG] landline power [was Re: "AI" on getting correct
> |     technical answers]
>
> | Cory Doctorow posted a relevant article today:
> |
> https://pluralistic.net/2024/01/15/passive-income-brainworms/#four-hour-work-week
> |
> | Money quote:
> | "while we're nowhere near a place where bots can steal your job, we're
> | certainly at the point where your boss can be suckered into firing you
> and
> | replacing you with a bot that fails at doing your job"
>
> Thanks for the pointer.  A great article!
>
> I recommend that everyone read it.
> ---
> Post to this mailing list talk@gtalug.org
> Unsubscribe from this mailing list