On 2024-01-16 17:23, Lennart Sorensen via talk wrote:

My new connection at my new house that I moved to (OK I started moving
things) about 10 days ago has rogers fibre service with phone running
on that.

There is definitely no battery in any of the equipment.  So the ONT and
the router would both need to be on a UPS to keep service running.
The router is doing the phone gateway as well as wifi and routing and
all that.  The ONT is just fibre to ethernet.

Bell Canada no longer has to provide power to home phones.

They tried to sell us "fib", and said it was powered by them.

Not quite the case: their web site says "Please remember that your Home phone service, including access to 9-1-1 emergency services, will not work during a power outage."

I suspect they were claiming that the central office was powered by them, and hoping I would buy before I found out that they were telling a nose-stretcher.

--dave