Hi Rod:
First I have to figure out what to turn off and how:
here is the first article i read on the related subject:
It was for Windows 7 but gives a good overview of 3 states that may need to
be addressed I guess:
I think, I run a Desktop machine, I may have to turn off Hybrid sleep from
the below and I am running windows 8.1 so will do some more homework - more
time spent trying to keep WindowEyes working properly, sigh and I don't even
get a six pack.
Which did you turn off on your machine and was it a desktop or laptop?
BeginShortArticle:
 What's the difference between sleep, hibernate, and hybrid sleep?
Sleep
 is a power-saving state that allows a computer to quickly resume full-power
operation (typically within several seconds) when you want to start working
again. Putting your computer into the sleep state is like pausing a DVD
player-the computer immediately stops what it's doing and is ready to start
again when you want to resume working.
Hibernation
 is a power-saving state designed primarily for laptops. While sleep puts
your work and settings in memory and draws a small amount of power,
hibernation puts your open documents and programs on your hard disk, and
then turns off your computer. Of all the power-saving states in Windows,
hibernation uses the least amount of power. On a laptop, use hibernation
when you know that you won't use your laptop for an extended period and
won't have an opportunity to charge the battery during that time.
Hybrid sleep
 is designed primarily for desktop computers. Hybrid sleep is a combination
of sleep and hibernate-it puts any open documents and programs in memory and
on your hard disk, and then puts your computer into a low-power state so
that you can quickly resume your work. That way, if a power failure occurs,
Windows can restore your work from your hard disk. When hybrid sleep is
turned on, putting your computer into sleep automatically puts your computer
into hybrid sleep.
EndShortArticle
Rick USA