will neo speech be coming to window eyes?

On 12/18/2015 1:03 PM, Jeremy Curry via Talk wrote:
Hi Reeva,

I am catching up on some of my email today and I wanted to respond to your question about
older synthesizers and ZoomText Fusion.  There are several reasons that we did not
include older synthesizers, such as DecTalk Access32.  However, at the top of the list is
that many of the older synthesizers do not allow for speaking and highlighting of text
simultaneously.  You noted that the price was worth it for "speech and tracking
focus alone."  This was one of the main feature requests we heard for ZoomText
Fusion.  That is, users wanted to see everything that they hear.  If we were to include
older synthesizers, the user experience would vary from synthesizer to synthesizer, and
most users would think that Fusion would not work when, in reality, it is because the
synthesizers are old and no longer being developed.  Thus, we made the decision to
include the latest synthesizers that do support this technology.  Additionally, a very
high percentage of ZoomText Fusion users want a
  uman-sounding synthesizer.  Thus, if we included DecTalk or Eloquence, there
are not only very few users who want it, but it would not work with tracking
focus, and the cost of the product would likely need to be higher.  A similar
issue exists with the older Vocalizer (that is, NON-expressive) voices.  The
tracking would not work and the price of the product would likely need to be
higher.  This would give the impression that ZoomText Fusion did not work as
advertised and raise the cost at the same time.  I hope this helps clarify why
we selected to include Neospeech and Vocalizer Expressive, as these
synthesizers are able to track everything that is spoken.  In fact, we did a
ton of work under the hood to ensure that this works extremely well with these
synthesizers and ZoomText Fusion.

I hope you are enjoying the ZoomText Fusion trial!

What are some of the features you like best about it?

Merry Christmas!

Jeremy

Jeremy Curry
Director of Product Management