Be it that you've tried everything else, just for the heck of it I would try the following.
1. Uninstall the app.
2. Open your profile folder and make sure there are no leftovers, including the .ini file.
3. Reboot for good measure or at least unload and reload WE.
4. Download the app to make sure you don't have a corrupted file. Be sure to unblock the wepm file after downloading.
5. disable any anti-virus and malware protection you run.
6. Install the downloaded app.
7. Take it for a spin and see if it works.
8. Re-enable your anti-virus and malware protection.

Hth,
Tom