Barbra, and the rest.
I think what was refered to here, is the pure label printers. These,
basically, have little to do with a standard printer, into which you
feed a full size sheet of paper, holding several labels.

The dedicated label printers, are pretty much a modern version of the
old-style Dymo-tape embossers. Main difference is that instead of
embossing the characters on a heavy tape, the modern label printers
simply prints on a strip of plastic tape. The printers typically can do
something like two or three lines on a tape. You connect them directly
to your computer, via an USB cable, and they will show up as a printer
in your Windows. If you need more than a few lines for the address, you
could always have it print two labels, one holding the name and street,
the other holding the state/province and country. You can easily cut the
tape for each label, by using the built-in cutter, so should be easy
enough to peal and stick the two labels in the wanted position on the
envelope.  Besides, now aday most postal services accept the address,
even if it is written in only a couple of lines, so you will just print
longer strips of tape, with a setup much like this:
     John Miller, 22 homebound Street,
     11201 New York, NY, Usa
You do all of this texting from within your text editor, and can just
send it to the label printer, instead of your sheet printer. Then press
the cutting lever on the label printer, peal and stick the label to the
envelope, and you are good to go.

You could even print a long label, holding your full address and name,
as the Sender, and have it printed in a number of copies, which you
could stock for later usage.

Probably the most known brand of these tape label printers, would be the
Brother P-Touch series. Try places like EBay, for good deals, or go to
your local Walmart or computer store, and ask for having a hands-on
touch of the printer. It is sized much like an old-time portable tape
recorder, of the smaller size. Some of them even run on battery -
standard AA size, so can easily be used for multi-site usage. Some of
the Brother Printers, even come with a QWERTY keyboard, so you would not
even need the computer, if you are steady enough a typist. Dymo also
have their own models of these label printers.

Sure, you could get hold of full-sized label roll printers, that would
be using label rolls, and could run several lines on each label. These
might not be yet as portable, a bit harder to find, and might show up to
be more expensive. Benefit of these latter ones, would be that you could
print whole addresses on one and same label.

For your convenience, here is a few links to wet your apetite, found by
a quick search on EBay. Prices ranging from aprox 30 dollars plus shipping:
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/USB-Label-Maker-Laptop-Desktop-Computer-Sticker-Thermal-Printer-Office-Barcode-/282106936067?hash=item41aee23b03:g:B-cAAOSwIgNXjza9
or,
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Brother-P-Touch-PT-1230PC-Electronic-Labeller-Label-Printer-USB-connect-to-PC-/380218355322?hash=item5886c7ae7a:g:04cAAMXQyfFR-bds

Hope this would prove helpful.