To be honest with you I feel the same way.

I have been a loyal jaws, and window eyes user for over a decade and I am finding that Voiceover handels web content better then the windows screen readers now a days.

Also the cost of the screen reader in a mac is free and is also constantly updated and when a new Mac OS comes out you don't have to pay for the upgrades for the screen reader.