From: Talk [mailto:talk-bounces+rkurlan=schools.nyc....@lists.window-eyes.com]
On Behalf Of John Farley via Talk
Sent: Wednesday, May 17, 2017 1:10 PM
To: 'richard kurlander' <r.kurlan...@verizon.net>; 'Window-Eyes Discussion
List' <talk@lists.window-eyes.com>; 'Juan Hernandez' <juanhernande...@gmail.com>
Subject: RE: Window-Eyes to JAWS Migration

Richard,

Are you really asking that a blind person, such as myself in the past,  who
just happens to work in the computer field should, at the end of a long day,
find someone who is having problems with their use of the PC, travel to
wherever they live and spend a few hours helping them out?
Working as a blind person in the sighted world of computing is a hard slog and
not as easy as you may think.

I have tried to provide the hands on help in the past. It was not successful
from my viewpoint.
It often turns out that in fact you finish up teaching basic PC skills as well
as how to use a screen reader, which is not what I signed up for.

I will provide written help on user lists such as this, but no longer hands on
help.
I do, very occasionally, stand in as a trainer in a local class for teaching
visually impaired people about PC skills when the usual trainer is on vacation.

Regards, John

Tel: +44 (0) 1442 259243
Mob: +44 (0) 7815 056076