-----Original Message-----
From: Talk [mailto:talk-bounces+dennisl1982=gmail....@lists.window-eyes.com]
On Behalf Of Orlando Enrique Fiol via Talk
Sent: Wednesday, May 17, 2017 4:46 PM
To: john_far...@btinternet.com; Window-Eyes Discussion List
Subject: RE: Window-Eyes to JAWS Migration

At 02:37 PM 5/17/2017, John Farley via Talk wrote:
 >You have missed the point again.
 >These people you would like to work from home will require paying;  >they
will not do it for nothing.
 >Not only that, if they are working from home their employers may well
>need to supply their kit and internet access for them to ensure the
>correct level of security is available.
 >Either that or the service company works shifts to provide a greater
>level of hours covered.
 >That will cost.

I fear that a vital point is being missed here. Let's assume that Richard
uses Window-eyes well enough to function at home and work, and that any
improvements he needs to make can be handled on his own time. Learning a new
screen reader is not the same as improving usage of a screen reader one
knows well. If someone decides to switch screen readers, they are of course
responsible for mastering the new learning curve. But in this situation, we
are all being forced to migrate to Jaws or to use another screen reader, at
such a time when Window-eyes becomes unusable. This is not a situation of
our own making or choosing. Therefore some tutorial responsibility is
incumbent on VFO for producing these circumstances in the first place. I
would, however, stop short of demanding that such a tutorial be made
available one-on-one and free of charge. As long as online tutorials are
comprehensive rather than brief and sketchy, VFO will have fulfilled its
obligations to migrating Window-eyes users. That's an important distinction
to be made here. There is a difference between what certain users might
prefer and what constitutes reasonable accommodation of migrating
Window-eyes users.

Orlando Enrique Fiol

List archives can be found at