Hi all!
I am starting to say this to everyone.
You must use more than one screen reader to access everything. I could tell you
many examples of when NVDA accesses things and JAWS does not at all.
On the other hand, I could give you many examples of when JAWS accesses what I
need, and NVDA does not. Narrator is no slouch in Windows 10. I use Narrator in
many of Windows 10 universal apps.
I watch TV on a web site, where I need NVDA.
JAWS cannot access that site at all.
On my mobile Facebook page, JAWS does a much better job than NVDA.
So, here is my recommendation:
You need to be very fluent in JAWS, NVDA, and Narrator, and you will be able to
access almost everything that a sighted person does.
With JAWS, you must be comfortable with using the touch cursor, because it
memics swiping and tapping the screen with the keyboard. That is what you need
to use many of the Windows 10 universal apps.
NVDA, has the great option of being able to route the mouse pointer right to
where the focus is. JAWS has no command to do that. Routing the JAWS cursor to
the PC cursor works for me, about 10 percent of the time. NVDA is much
different, because you can move the pointer with your mouse, and route the
pointer right to where you are at on any object. NVDA allows you to route the
mouse pointer to where you are, and then you can do a click with your mouse.
That is the only way I can interact with many controls on media pages and the
like.
Please let me know what I can do for you, because I have many tutorials on
using NVDA, and JAWS with Windows 10.
You need to use three browsers as well.
Chrome is the best, then Firefox, and IE 11, should be your very last choice,
because it is very insecure. IE 11, should only be used if it is an emergency!
Have a great one!
David Moore
Sent from Mail for Windows 10