Have you contacted Ameritrade?
Answer:  Yes

  Have you tried multiple screen readers   and web browsers?
answer: yes to both questions
I tried Jaws and window eyes
I tried Firefox, chrome, and Internet explorer

"A woman in New York State has filed a class-action lawsuit against TD
Ameritrade claiming that the discount  brokerage firm’s website and some
of its trading software is inaccessible through screen reader
vocalization software and other standard tools used by the blind and
visually impaired.
Citing account-opening drop-down menus that cannot be read,
malfunctioning edit fields, non-standard keyboard controls for reading
text and inaccessible “fine-print” terms and conditions, the lawsuit
claims violations of the Americans with Disabilities Act and of New York
human rights and civil rights laws.
“Although TD Ameritrade touts its ‘easy’ process, by which a user can
‘[o]pen an account in five simple steps,’ the process is anything but
‘simple’ for a blind individual,” the complaint filed in federal court
in the Northern District of New York says. “[I]ndeed, it is virtually
impossible.”
The lawsuit, filed on behalf of blind and visually impaired people “so
numerous as to make it impractical” to estimate their number, asserts
that “thousands of other large business entities, including several of
[TD Ameritrade’s] direct competitors,” have adapted their websites to
conform with well-established guidelines for making them accessible to
blind people.
Kim Hillyer, a spokeswoman for Omaha-based TD Ameritrade Holding Corp.,
said the company does not as a matter of policy comment on pending
litigation.
The complaint was filed on behalf of named plaintiff Elizabeth Aldworth,
who it said became a TD Ameritrade customer when it bought another
broker in 2007 where she held accounts that were previously accessible.
Aldworth, who lives in Ulster County, NY, moved her assets in 2008 to
Scottrade
, which TD Ameritrade bought in September.
Alworth remains unable to access TDAmeritrade.com, which she tried to do
in preparation for the transfer of her remaining Roth account to the
Ameritrade platform early this year, according to the lawsuit.
The purported class was filed on behalf of blind and visually impaired
people nationally and of a subclass of similar individuals residing in
New York. It seeks to require an immediate remedy to the alleged website
deterrences, compensatory damages to be determined at trial and
attorneys’ fees and other legal costs and related expenses."
Lydia K. Reynolds, one of the lawyers who submitted the case and is of
counsel at Wolf Haldenstein Adler Freeman & Herz in New York, declined
to discuss the allegations in detail because TD Ameritrade has not yet
been served with the complaint. It was filed on Monday.
Like this article? Let AdvisorHub come to you!
SIGN UP  SHARE THIS
Here is the link for further info:

https://advisorhub.com/blind-woman-sues-td-ameritrade-allegedly-inaccessible-website/

Aloha,