Jeffrey Martin wrote:
>Sent: 12 May 2008 9:38 PM
>Cc: talk@openstreetmap.org
>Subject: Re: [OSM-talk] [OSM-dev] Developers requested to help
>provide"completeness" tools
>
>I'm very far from this in Korea, but I would guess in time some parts of
>the UK
>will need to be rechecked at some point. How can we make a system
>for rechecking an area? Maybe the completeness should be retired
>after a period of time.

Verification is a whole new ballgame. I tried a bit in my local area, going
out on foot with the printed OSM map at highest zoom and annotating the
missing bits and pieces for addition. It increased the richness of the data
considerably but made me realise that there is a second phase that will
still add a huge amount of data.

Personally I think we have more pressing things to worry about that
verification right now. Something perhaps for a year or two hence.

Cheers

Andy