Lester Caine wrote:
petrol stations and other 'franchise' type operations will have the same more complex relations ... BUT for example, I have a 'fast fuel' fuel card which can be used at any Texaco garage, but the operator of those garages may not be Texaco, so should I be adding a 'fastfuel'=yes tag or brand=Texaco to identify this ... Just another piece of the branding jigsaw.

It gets even worse - the name on the sign might be 'Big Corner Texaco' but it's also 'Texaco #123456', etc. (All that stuff, including operator, is posted on a window next to the main door, at least all the fuel stations I've been to)