Frederik Ramm <frederik <at> remote.org> writes:

> (It would be cool if the "make square" tool would reject the making
> square of very un-square things like roundabouts, but all our other
> editors will happily square a circle for you so it would be a bit unfair
> to demand different from iD I think.)

At least for me the "make square" tool in P2 adjusts only lines which
already make an almost right angle and that is indeed cool. But that is just
a detail and not a strong reason for keeping P2 as a default editor. Myself
I continue to use P2 because I can configure several custom base layers and
select them with function keys and because for me P2 draws vectors faster
when panning and zooming (Windows 7, Firefox v. 23.0.1) but iD is also good
enough. Both editors have their own strong points and I do not hate either
of them. I like Merkaartor and JOSM too but perhaps I am on a wrong list
with my positive feelings. Well, I admit that the Java applet was not an
especially reliable editor.

-Jukka Rahkonen-