On Mon, Aug 19, 2013 at 12:07 PM, Frederik Ramm <frede...@remote.org> wrote:

> It has been claimed often that "iD damages relations". Can we somehow
> substantiate that claim?
>
> Could anyone provide a detailed description of a non-esoteric use case
> that involves
> * a kind (and structure) of relation that is very common and thus likely
> to be encountered by a new contributor;
> * a simple-looking edit that is likely to be made by a new contributor and
> that results in a broken relation in iD?
> In what way will the relation be broken, and what indication (if any) does
> iD display about the problem?
>
> This is a honest question because I haven't researched the claims in depth

Here's a way I once damaged a relation, and could do it again with iD:

There was a section of messed up road.  In order to keep the context on
screen, I drew the "correct" road, tagged it as a road, then deleted the
squiggle.
iD could improve on this by noting I've drawn a line between two ways
within the same relation, and asking me what I meant.