Hi,

On 06.09.2017 13:21, Dave F wrote:
> There appears to be a reluctance to develop this. 'It's not a part of
> our plans at the moment' is the last response to my query.
> I'm unsure why. To me, the coding to traverse the boundary of an area
> would seem very similar to that used to navigate a roundabout.

If you only want to walk *around* the beach (or patch of grass) then
with most routers that's simply a question of configuration ("allow
walking on natural=beach", done).

It does lead to bad routing results of course because (a) you don't wand
to walk around, you want to walk across, and (b) it's not even a given
that footways leading onto the beach are connected to the beach outline,
something that would be a requirement for routing on the beach boundary.

That's why you will probably get a negative answer from anyone running a
public server - nobody wants to answer complaints about bad beach routing ;)

Bye
Frederik